Re: MGC Brake Boosters

To: MGBay@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGC Brake Boosters
From: ek_john_luthy <luthy@cesd.servtech.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 02:25:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 3 Oct 1995 MGBay@aol.com wrote:

> I haven't seen any discussion lately about MGCs so I'll break the ice and ask
> where can I find rebuilt brake boosters.  I recently bought a '69 MGC/GT
> without either of the brake boosters.  I know these are an expensive
> propostion to rebuild or buy outright.  I want to keep the car original so
> I'm not interested in the aftermarket boosters that some are offering now.
>  Can anyone recommend a qualtiy shop for rebuilding if I acquire the cores
> first?  Or where can I buy rebuilt originals outright and what is the core
> charge if there is one?
>
> Thanks for your assistance.  I've been enjoying this list for about six weeks
> and really appreciate all the advice and humor.
>
> Regards,
>
> Randy Balogh
> Lebanon, Ohio

        I rebuilt my boosters on my 'c-gt last year. I am an well seasoned
mechanic and I found parts of the "job" challenging. I got my kits from a
member of the MG club that I belong to. He brought them back from the UK,
so I got a "good price". However I believe that British Victoria has the
kits and maybe even the entire booster for sale. Other than that you have
too just keep looking. BTW IF you have a spare aluminum bonnet and you
are in the Los Angles area PLEASE fell free to drop by as I will gladly
relive you of the burden of storing that troublesome old bonnet. As my car
has a bent torn and unpainted bonnet. And as EVERY ONE wants to see a
good looking car and my car is an EYE SORE I know that some one will do
the RIGHT THING and GIVE me a FREE bonnet. byw Johnny Cochran helped with
this pathetic plea for undeserved gratuity.