Re: Horn - ditto

To: cassie_bevis@bctinet.bctransit.com ("cassie bevis")
Subject: Re: Horn - ditto
From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 95 7:29:16 PDT
Horn Problems.....

I had a similar problem on my 72 MGB/GT.  Seems that the ground
contact in the steering column would not carry enough current to make the
horns work properly.  (They just kinda hummed, no honking here!)  But, the
horn circuit did pass enough current to switch a relay!  So, I added a relay
down under the hood close to the horns which is controlled by the horn circuit,
and then the relay switches high current to the horns themselves.  Now, I can
honk away at all those people who just can't seem to see my B/GT when they
are changing lanes! :|

Dave Hall
dhall@vcd.hp.com