Re[3]: T H R E A D size...

To: mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU,
Subject: Re[3]: T H R E A D size...
From: "jpratchi" <jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 95 09:11:48 est
/This is most likely the standard pipe thread size (3/4-14npt) which is
/actually tapered slightly, hence a standard bolt thread will seem to "bind
/up" after a few turns, when it started out "loose".

/>Secondly I need to find some kind of heat proof pipe to go from this
/>junction in the manifold to an air pump inconveniently mounted on the
/>opposite side of the engine.

>If this is the case, you can buy a fitting with pipe thread on one end
>and a compression fitting on the other end, where you can insert metal
>tubing of choice.  If you can't find it in a good hardware store, then go
>to a place that sells industrial valves and fittings.
>
>Mike

To take this to the next level, since you have an air pump on the opposite side
of the car from the air injection connection to the manifold, you could use 1/2
inch or 3/4 inch maleable copper tubing between a compression-fitting-to 3/4-14
npt adaptor at the manifold and another adaptor to whatever fitting exists at
the air pump.  Chances are that the air pump connection is also a standard
"plumbing" connection.  There are an amazing array of brass plumbing adaptors
from different sizes of threaded fittings to compression fittings or flared
fittings.  You should have no trouble finding what you need, and they are not
very expensive (under $5.00 each).  The copper pipe can be easily bent to run
from the air pump to the manifold with fairly tight radius bends if needed and
can be secured to the engine with standard clamps at several strategic
locations.

   regards,   John Pratchios