Does it always rattle?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Does it always rattle?
From: "Ira M. Weinstein" <iweinstein@shell.monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 23:13:19 +0000
Whenever I hit a bump in my '77B, I hear metal rattling.  Some of the
rattle comes from the hard top - I know that.  However, other
rattling comes from the suspension.

Now the question - is this normal for an 18 yr old B ?  If not,
should I be looking into new shocks, new springs, or what?  I have
tightened everything I can tighten in the suspension, but the noise
remains.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.  I don't expect the
car to drive like my Grandmother's Caddy, but if possible, the
clanging should go. Thanks !

Ira M. Weinstein, Matawan NJ

'77 MGB
'88 Toyota Celica
'87 Nissan Sentra
'81 Honda CB650 Custom

(I'm the guy personally financing Allstate Insurance)