Re: MGC: What engine?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGC: What engine?
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 16:10:15 -500
Phil Ethier writes:

> He believed the six in the MGC to be the Big Healy engine.
>
> I told him that the six in the MGC was designed for the MGC.

Right, as previously mentioned, it was derived from the Healey 6 line. It went
into some Austin 6's, usually only found in the UK and Canada.

MGC owners, take note:

This reminds me- I have the opportunity to buy the remains of an MGC GT parts
car- partly stripped already, for MGB use, and I have interest in the rear
end, and maybe the tranny. It comes with a disassembled engine, and some of
the other C unique bits tho. Are there any parts of peticular scarcity worth
salvaging, and is anyone interested in them, including the engine? If so,
drop me a line, it may make it worth my while to pick it up.

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!