Help Needed: 1975 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help Needed: 1975 MGB
From: psd105@psu.edu (Paul Draper)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 17:24:08 -0500
Hello all,

It seems that my 1975 MGB had more than one problem.  The first problem was
with a faulty Lucas Starter Relay.  This would shut the engine down after a
couple seconds of running.  Now that it will stay running at a very rough
idle, 1300-1400 RPM, I can't get it to move with out stalling.  It is
sitting at the bottom of a sloped driveway, facing downward.  The only way
out is to put it in reverse, but when I let out the clutch the engine
stalls.  It has been sitting for approximately 6 months.  The exhaust has a
Nasty smell to it, stinging to the eyes and nose.  I know that means the
carb., single Zenith-Stromberg, is out of adjustment, but does any one
know, rich or lean?  Any ideas?  Suggestions?  Remarks?  I'd like to get it
back to my garage before the snow falls and covers it.

Thanks for your help,

Paul

Paul Draper    "So much style without substance,
                        So much stuff without style."
psd105@psu.edu                          -Peart

1969 Mustang - "More than high performance,
                      More than just a spark,
                            More than just the bottom line,
                                    Or a lucky shot in the dark."
                                                -Peart