MG 1100's (SPAM)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG 1100's (SPAM)
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 95 12:03:51 PST
Len Bugel replied:

> On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Denise Thorpe wrote:
>

> > And let's not forget the MG 1100.
> >
> > Denise Thorpe, organizer and sole member of the Society for the Protection
> > and Appreciation of the MG 1100 (SPAM)
> >
>       Indeed let's not! When VW  closely followed by Chrysler
> 'invented' the hatchback in the '70s,  they sold like hotcakes -- the
> 1100 was ahead of its time.

*sniff*  Another MG 1100 fan.  I'm getting all verklempt.

In case anyone wants to join SPAM, here's the oath:

I [state your name] do solemnly swear not to ridicule or cause to be
ridiculed any MG 1100, its owner, or driver even in front of a romantic
interest that I'm trying to impress.  Secondly, I promise to rescue any
repairable MG 1100 from the wrecker (breaker) if said car can be purchased
for no more than $200US.  Thirdly, I promise to do everything in my power
to maintain in a drivable condition any MG 1100 I may own.

All persons taking the oath may now sing the SPAM song.

SPAM, spam, spam, spam
SPAM, spam, spam, spam...
(Sung to the tune of the Monty Python Spam song)

Please let me know if you've joined so I can keep track of us.

Denise Thorpe, proud owner of three MG 1100's that run
thorpe@kegs.saic.com