auto verrs left & right

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: auto verrs left & right
From: edo@mails.imed.com
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 95 12:57:26 cst
     I have noticed a problem recently with my 1975 MGB and hope that
     someone has some advice for me.

     When traveling at about 40 or more and you let off the accelerator,
     the car seems to veer to the left. Upon acceleration it will veer to
     the right. It feels as though the rear of the car is shifting one way,
     then the other. I also notice that the gear shift moves from left to
     right when you let off or give it more gas. this seems to indicate
     that the transmission is shifting in relation to the body of the car.
     I have mentioned this to a few people and it has been suggested that a
     motor mount may be loose.

     Any comments?