Re: Redi-Strip

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Redi-Strip
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 95 14:14:00 PST
Wouldn't you know it. Just as I'm ready to do the forst major restoration in
10+ years, all of the "Redi-Strips" in this area have gone under. I have
been told this is due to the fact that they can no longer get a license to
dispose of the used chemicals.

Thus, most of the processes used in Minnesota are now using either a plastic
bead or soda crystal blasting process followed by *some* chemical dipping.
This apparently lessens the number of pollutants they have to dispose of in
liquid form.

It's obviously more labor intensive, thus costly. But I guess that's better
than not having any facility at all.

What should I expect to pay for stripping/dipping an MGA body? Anyone?

Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com