batteries, dogs, and computers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: batteries, dogs, and computers
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 95 14:31:36 PST
Edward B. (Ted) Weiler asked:

> At 10:30 AM 11/10/95 PST, you wrote:
> >
> >Not that I know of, but the battery is directly over the sewer line and
> >there was a buried dog (not mine) in the back yard.
>
> Any and all data may turn out to be important.  What kind of dog and what
> was its name?

Uh oh, I don't know.  It was already bones when I got there.  Does this
mean my experimental data is invalid?  Actually, it probably doesn't
matter because the dog bones were only near the battery when it lived in
the backyard before the experiment started.  The contents of the sewer
pipe, however, are critical because they're directly under the battery.
I'll investigate further and report back.

He also asked in another posting:

> Is it just me or do others notice a strange randomization of message
> delivery?

It's just you.  I used to have this problem AND I seemed to be limited
to two postings per day (a serious hardship) until I coughed up some money
and sent it to Mark.  Now I get all messages in the correct order and
everyone gets mine whether they need them or not.

Denise Thorpe, not getting anything done today
thorpe@kegs.saic.com