Re: M*ss selling Mi*ta spares??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: M*ss selling Mi*ta spares??
From: Bill Lattimer <m22@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 12:58:25 -0700 (MST)
At 02:06 PM 11/15/95 -0500, you wrote:

>   Did anyone else happen to notice the fine print on the inside
>   cover of the latest issue of Moss Motoring- that they now retail
>   Miata spares as well- complete with a catalog and all.

Inside the back cover is the "Background Noise" column entitled "The March
of Time" with the rationale for making the move to supplying Miata "bits".
Sounds like the Chairman bought a Miata and liked it.  They also feel that
the Miata will (has) developed the same type of following/club activity that
LBCs do.  Tough to argue with, although I will not accept that Miata drivers
share the same love of the marque as virtually every MG driver does.

The one comment I *hated* was a little anecdote about the author being
unable to keep up with a Miata in his TR3.  All I can say is that there's a
couple of Miatas in the local club, and I've kicked their a** with my little
'ol 'B a couple of times.

Bill "Yeah...it leaks oil, but I beat You" Lattimer