'77 Midget Ignition Switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '77 Midget Ignition Switch
From: Bob Hines <bhines@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 19:19:38 -0500
Hi All,

I've been reading the mail for about a month now and enjoy all the discussions
immensley.

But now I have a need for information. I was driving my '77 Midget last weekend
enjoying the beautiful Florida weather. The Midget has only 25,000 miles but I
have had lots of electrical troubles. Last weekend, after driving about 20
miles
and making several stops, I arrived home and parked in the driveway to clean
the
car before putting it in the garage. The car had run great. But, after cleaning
her up, I went to start it up to move it to the garage. It was dead! No radio,
no engine lights. After, touching the wires leading to the ignition switch I
discovered the problem. The switch had split in two and the part with the wires
pulled easily out of the steering column. There were no other cars with Lucas
electric systems on the block so I don't think it was a sympathy failure.

I have tried Victoria British and Moss motors but they both say the switch is
now unavialable.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement switch for the Midget?

Thanks in advance.   Bob      bhines@ix.netcom.com