Re: Tire pressures & safety (fwd)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire pressures & safety (fwd)
From: dcouncil@imt.net
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 17:16:53 -0700

>       Here's a copy of an e-mail I sent to Popular Mechanics today.  I
>was irate that the lube shop had inflated my Spitfire tires to 44psi.
>Last year they did the very same thing to my Midget.  It's almost double
>what both cars require. Incidentally, my book on my '75 Spitfire shows
>21psi front, and 26psi rear; is this correct?
>
>Nick D. Benson

This does seem crazy. Especially if the tires are cold. The 21/26 psi
ratings seem good for cold tires, and I personally don't like to see a warm
tire with a pressure more than 32 psi after a good highway jaunt.

I would hate to take my car for a long highway cruise with a 44 psi tire!
(even in the winter)

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
71 BGT