RE: Tire pressures & safety (fwd)

To: "Nick Benson" <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>, "mgs@autox.team.net"@msn.com,
Subject: RE: Tire pressures & safety (fwd)
From: "Anthony Bauman" <abauman@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 95 05:15:01 UT
>       Here's a copy of an e-mail I sent to Popular Mechanics today.  I
>was irate that the lube shop had inflated my Spitfire tires to 44psi.

Last year we bought a used Olds Ciera as a second (actually 4th) car for my
wife.  While driving it for the first week I noticed a slight pull to the
right.  After checking the right side tires and finding them at about 32 PSI
(OK by me) I checked the left side just to be thorough.  The left front tire
was nearly 90 PSI!  I am amazed it didn't pop off the rim!  After dropping
the pressure down to 32 (at full arms length) , the pull disappeared.

  Tony B
  abauman@msn.com
  '78 Spitfire