Exhaust System...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust System...
From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 95 9:18:38 PST
Hello All..

About a month ago, I replaced my exhaust system with a tuned exhaust header,
a free-flow but not tooooo noisy muffler.  The muffler is located directly
under the drivers seat, and a length of 2" pipe goes from it all the way
back.

The other day, when jacking up the car, I noticed that the rear axle was
sitting on the muffler pipe.  When the car is sitting on the ground there is
1 1/4" clearence from the bottom of the rear axle to the top of the pipe.

Is this enough clearence?  Should I re-route the pipe over the axle?  If I do,
how much clearence should there be?

BTW, the tuned exhause header and new muffler sound great!  Very even sounding
compared to the original non-tuned manifold.

Thanks! :)

Dave Hall
dhall@vcd.hp.com