Re: '76 B carburetion modification

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '76 B carburetion modification
From: jfischer@supercollider.com (James Fischer)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 13:16:47 -0500
>To the point, it's a California Car and has a single Zenith carburator.
>I've installed a manual choke kit because the auto choke element has
>failed.

>Does any one know of any thing that will fitup on the original engine?
>If I can find any thing that will adapt (w/o too much hassle) to my engine.
>The idea of using 2 dual webers is also on the list.

    The Webber conversion kits are pretty easy to do, but they do
    include a new intake manifold, and some fiddling about is required
    to get the vacumn spark advance properly done, if you want to stay
    with the vacumn advance concept.

    Rather than buying from the usual mail-order houses, I would suggest
    that you check with the folks who supply Mo$$ and Victorian Bitch-ish.
    A good one is:

        TWM Induction
        Goleta, CA (USA)
        805-967-9478
        ask for Gary (the wizard)

    Gary was nice enough to send me a few extra Webber needles for free,
    since I was of the opinion that my dual Webbers were running a bit
    rich for my tiny litle 1275cc Midget engine.  This may have been due
    to the fact that I had/have more carburetor "throat" than displacement!!

    Dual Webbers may not be "required" for your B, you may want to ask.
    A single Webber would be cheaper by half.

    What do dual Webbers do, that a single Webber does not do?

        1) They impress the heck out of people when you pop the hood...
        2) When you stomp on your gas, the sound of the air rushing
            into the K&N air filters makes a nice turbo-like "whooosh".

    Beware that the aftermarket carb business is dying, so expect
    that prices on things like Webbers will go up and up and up
    over the next 5 years.

              I work the day shift at the Idea Factory

   james fischer                       jfischer@supercollider.com