Re: '76 B carburetion modification

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '76 B carburetion modification
From: HoseMeistr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 16:58:54 -0500
If it really is a California car and you have to go through the emmission
inspection you will fail with a Weber carb installed. They want to see
original equipment on that puppy. If you install a Weber on a '76 you will
have to use a pre-'75 exhaust system because that is the only way the Weber
will fit (ie no catalytic converter).

You would have to keep all the original parts and when it came time to
inspect it, remove the Weber and exhaust system and replace the original
equipment, have it inspected and then remove the original equipment and
reinstall the Weber. I spoke to Gary at TMW about my '79 MGB and he told me
that that is exactly what he does.

He just laughed when I asked how much of a problem it would be for my car
with a single Weber sidedraft to pass inspection then told me his story. If I
had a choice I'd have stuck with original equipment all around but I bought
the car with the Weber already in.