Re: MG (non)electric flux fields (Zehring's Theory?)

To: Silikal@aol.com
Subject: Re: MG (non)electric flux fields (Zehring's Theory?)
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 02:21:58 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 21 Nov 1995 Silikal@aol.com wrote:

> I don't know whether anyone knows, but I was the cause of THE blackout.  I
> had a Hillman Minx -- a little blue bathtub of a British convertible with a
> quirky ignition system -- and was parked in Astoria, near the Con Edison
> plant.  When I turned the key, the street lights went out.  Not realizing
> what had happened, I uttered an expletive, thinking my battery had died.
> However, the engine purred into life and I drove home through intersections
> without street lights or traffic signals, with a feeling of guilt that,
> somehow, my ignition system had caused the blackout.

Our 1985 Dodge Caravan does that to the lights along a certain stretch of
Interstate 695 (the Baltimore Beltway).  Every time I drive that stretch
at night in the Caravan, the roadside lights go out.  Doesn't happen if
I'm driving any other car, so the Caravan is obviously the culprit.  :-)

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.