Re: gas pedal pads and '67 backup lights

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gas pedal pads and '67 backup lights
From: SBERCOVICH@cbe.ab.ca
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 23:08:58 -0700 (MST)
Shouldn't be _that_ rare. As I mentioned earlier, my '67 B-GT was
finished on July 6, 1967 (I picked it up from University Motors in
London on July 7th or 8th). It had the backup lights, O/D tranny, Crash
1st, 3 point seat belts., wire wheels (ugh). These cars started with
engine number 18GF (IMS). (As a sidenote, my MG dealer/mechanic always
complained about not being able to set the idle on it - said it probably
had a "tea-break 1/2- or 3/4-race cam in it. It'd go like _stink_!)

OTOH, it may have taken a couple of months to get a boat-load together and
distribute them. Consequently, they wouldn't have started selling them in
North America until, say, Sept or Oct., only to be replaced a couple of
months later by the "'68s".
--
Shel Bercovich                           "Come Ride   \/
sbercovich@cbe.ab.ca                      with Us     /\

[SNIP]