Re: Installing roadster top

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Installing roadster top
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 19:05:06 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Mike Ashby . Mathematics wrote:

> I recently purchased a new top for my 74B . When I initially put the
> top in place the snaps didn't match the existing ones very well and the
> top seemed slightly askew.The instructions that came with it said to
> have it installed by a professional.Anyone out there have some
> "professional" advice? Thanks in advance!

Many tops require frobnication before they'll fit.  Many tops also come
with the Lift-the-dot fasteners in a separate bag, so they can be fitted
to the vehicle later, when you can line them up with the studs on the car
body.

Also, what kind of top did you buy?  There's one outfit in Hemmings Motor
News that advertises tops for $99, they have remarkably poor quality
merchandise.  I made the mistake of buying a top from them.  Never
again.

Bill
'71 MGB (Edina) daily driver

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have