Re: MOWOG

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: MOWOG
From: BLECKSTEIN@SHELL.MONMOUTH.COM
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 19:48:33 -0500

Terry: I wrote the following sometime ago and thought that ended it. Perhaps
you
missed this, so here it is again.

David Macedona asked who or what MOWOG stood for.  I replied Morris Wolsley and
MG.  Apparently others felt that it stood for Morris Wolsley Group.  I have no
written authority for this, but Mike Allison, the author of "The Magic of the
Marque" informs me that the G stood for MG.  He worked for the factory for many
years and is a reknown authority on the marque.

He also informs me that the MOWOG designation appeared when the Nufield Group
was formed in 1936-37.  The designation was first applied to spares and then
appeared on TA's and TB's.  Thus MOWOG did exist on some pre-war cars.

Mike Leckstein