Re: MOWOG

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Subject: Re: MOWOG
From: moses@csra.net (Tim Moses)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 14:56:19 -0700
>I've always liked this story because it makes MOWOG an actual acronym.  If
>_I_ had to carve letters in a casting form, I'd carve as few as possible by
>only using the first letter of each word.  This would have made it MWG.
>Notice that I said MWG and not MWM.  If the last word were "MG," why would
>they use the "G" and not the "M?"  Of course, now that I know that TVR is
>from TreVor wilkeRson, I realize that it's pointless to try to apply logic
>to British car acronyms.

Denise:
    Having led a former military life, I, too, like your version better
because of the acronym, but wonder if SEX isn't the reason behind MOWOG.
Just as "TVR" appears a little more SEXY than  "TW" (admittedly, just a very
little more), I can only assume that someone thought "MOWOG" was a little
more SEXY and appealing than "MWM".  Go Figure.

Tim "Whose wife is 8.99 months pregnant and has only one thing on his mind"
Moses
USNA '86