Re: MGD

To: burrelgr@tuns.ca
Subject: Re: MGD
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 12:48:55 -0500 (EST)

> On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Will Zehring wrote:
>

> > Will "I still want to know what happened to the MGD" Zehring
> >

> Well according to Wood and "BURRELL" in "MGB the illistrated history" the
> MG D was design code ADO 21  and was a mid engine car with IMHO an ugly
> style.  The only picture of it shows it in coupe form I don't think there
> was a convertible.

  Hopefully I'm remembering correctly, as my trip to England is fading fast,
but... I saw the above mentioned car at the British Motor Industry Heritage
Trust Museum in Gaydon.  As I recall it had a removable targa type top and
was not dissimilar to the Fiat X1/9 (both in body style and in mid-engine
design).  Not all that bad, IMHO, but definitely very 70'ish style (small
and wedgy, all lines, no curves) which dates it quite badly.
  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it. I don't know why, I thought
I took it... oh well.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation