Re: Early MGB carpets

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early MGB carpets
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 95 10:06:09 PST
Dick Burger asked:

> I could use some help!  Did early (62-67) MGBs ever come with one piece
> transmission tunnel carpets?   I have a friend and customer with a 66 with
> what he feels is the original carpet and it is a one pc.  If any have
> knowledge to clear this up I would appreciate the information.  He also
> claims that a reproduction 1 pc was available although our usual suppliers
> do not seem to know about it.

The original wool loop carpeting I took out of my '67 (maybe '66) B in '79
had a form-fitting, seamless one piece tunnel carpet.  Also, the carpeting
over the rear wheel wells was one piece and seamless.  Someday, when I have
nothing else on my "to do" list, I'm going to make a form and try to stretch
wet wool carpeting over the form.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com