Re: SU lean/rich confussion

Subject: Re: SU lean/rich confussion
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 12:50:00 -0800
When I run across rough idles there is a list of things I normally do:

Gap the plugs a little narrow, normally 0.020"
Make sure the vaccuum and cent. advance is working
Check the distributer shaft for wear, side play, varying dwell
Look for vaccuum leaks, replace old brittle hoses
Adjust the valves on the loose side
Measure the compression both wet and dry
Make sure the choke is turning off and top off the oil dampers

If the idle is still bad

Disconnect the brake booster, PVC valve, smog pump hoses, etc and plug the
manifold connections. Isolate the problem from as many other sources as
possible.

Good Luck, Richard