Re: various topics

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: various topics
From: daveph@ix.netcom.com (David Hay )
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 01:06:07 -0800
Dear fellow constituents,

I just thought I might share and interesting find.

About a week or so ago, my mother and I went to some local antique
dealers in town (I collect radios and she collects glassware). At one
shop I found a beautiful model of a MG TD. It is a cast metal car
painted in red and has cream interior. The top is in the folded
position and it has silver disc wheels. The car appears to be 1/10th
scale and is manufactured by a German company that I can't pronounce
and don't remember (sorry). I was wondering if any of you have ever
seen this model before, did this company make any other MGs besides the
TD, and what can I expect to pay for such a piece of art? I keep
thinking about buying it, but.....

I also recall someone on the list asking about a "Jesus" nut. I'm not
sure but I recall reading an article about military helicopters, and
how on a particular type of helo, only one large nut is used to secure
the rotor assembly. This nut became known to the pilots and mechanics
as the "Jesus Nut" since it is so very important for obvious reasons. I
think that's how the story went, anyone else care to comment? So the
person who mentioned the "jesus nut" on an MG is just refering to the
single nut that holds the steering wheel on. It's a fairly important
nut ;).

Dave Hay
77B still in mothballs