Re: It starts BUT...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It starts BUT...
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 09:59:43 -500
> fellow who posted the original message has run the engine for 30 second
> "bouts" but still not registered any oil preassure.

> On the 'early' engines I understand that the pump can be primed by back
> feeding oil into the flex pipe that comes out the rear of the block.

Another note on cranking the engine to build oil pressure-

Remove the plugs first!  That way, your battery will last longer,  and the
engine can turn faster. I've seen engines that wouldn't prime at plugs-in
speeds, but pulling the plugs, and cranking for a minute or 2+ did the trick.

   ________
  /     _  \    Roger Garnett             (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \   Agricultural Economics   | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |\/ ||  _  |  3 Warren Hall            | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| |   ||   | |  Cornell University       |
 \    ||__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!