Funky Farinas... Want one?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Funky Farinas... Want one?
From: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 1996 21:35:55 EST
  In a garage in Central New Hampshire is a 1959 MG MkIII Magnette
that was being restored when the owner dropped dead.  All the body
work was complete, but not giventhe final coat of paint.  The engine
was rebuilt, but not installed.  The man died in 1981, and few people
have opened the garage doors since.  It seems like an easy resoration
project.  The engine needs to be checked out, but it was rebuilt once
and the second time through should be easy enough if it needs it.
All the body needs to be sprayed... hell it's almost completely
masked off already.  The suspension in all new and shiny.  The
interior needs some minor work, most importantly the driver's seat
needs to be bolted down.  The wood (and there is alot of it!) doesn't
appear to need any work.  It's a great big old car, and would be a
great spare car to have that no one else had!   It cost nearly twice
as much as an MGB when new, and you can tell why.  It was MG's top of
the line model, but it's got to go.  I was going to take it on, but I
work long hours and still have some unfinished business on the GT and
am probably getting an Austin 1100 soon that does run but needs help.
 I offer this MG because I'd hate to see it go to the scrapper.  The
owner knows little about, but I like her and I like the car and can
answer most any question about the car itslef or it's model.   It'
not a sportscar, but it's a classy car.

John