Re: Front License Plates

To: gmccann@pcug.org.au
Subject: Re: Front License Plates
From: GARYCINE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 18:48:00 -0500
Graham writes:  "Could some kind soul end a controversy raging here in Oz
about whether front plates are required in the USA."

Graham,

It is different in the U.S. from state to state.  Texas requires front and
back, I don't believe Oklahoma does.  It would be interesting to see how many
states allow only one license plate.

In Texas we keep our plates for a specified number of years.  We purchase an
annual registration sticker that used to be applied to the rear plate.
 However, thieves would try to peel these off.  Go figure!  Now we get a
sticker that applies to the INSIDE OF THE FRONT WINDSCREEN...right above our
safety inspection sticker.  Believe me on a Midget that doesn't leave much
windscreen for looking through!

Gary Watson
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/octagon/index.html