RE: OIL COOLERS on late MGB

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OIL COOLERS on late MGB
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 14:25:00 -0800 (PST)
It goes under the panel as you think but there are two large holes for the
hoses to go through the panel. So the cooler is installed with the hose
connectors poping through the holes in the panel. You will find it easier to
install the hoses if you pull them through and screw them onto the cooler,
then bolt the cooler to the panel. Also, You need the proper hoses for the
77 - 80. They're longer, one end has a straight fitting, the other an elbow.
Put them on which ever way is the best fit, not necessarily the way it is
shown in the book or other diagrams you might find. If you live up north you
might consider installing a thermostat to regulate flow to the cooler.

Christopher Reichle