+ earth

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: + earth
From: James R Ferguson <jferg@twave.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 01:48:46 -0500 (EST)
At 11:42 PM 1/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone,
>  I've got a 57 A and wonder if the ground positive system should be addressed.
>Are there any reasons
>why I should consider changing to a ground negative system.  I think I recall
>that it's not that complicated but, as usual, I've forgotten the specifics.
>Whats involved and is it worthwhile.
>
>Thanks,
>Baker

DON'T DO IT !!!   Keep the origional as is.   It will be worth more (to you
and everybody else) as manufactured; parts are available; and the "problems"
from + earth are VERY  minor on an MGA.  Don't screw up a perfectly Bad
design.  It's the British Magic we all love.

You can get any Radio to play, but you will NEVER get rid of the AM static.
A previous post said isolate the - earth-radio AND the antenna.(I agree.)
Ortherwise, go with what you got!!

With an MG you have just got to learn to think BACKWORDS!

My '58 '59 & '60 MGA's are all,(or will be) + earth.

-----
Jim Ferguson