Re: + earth

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett@seven.ucs.indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: + earth
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 08:50:13 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Matt Liggett wrote:

> At Tue, 9 Jan 1996 23:32:40 -0800 (PST), "U. Goettsch" writes:
> > I put a digitaly tuned radio (with station presets) in my pos-gnd Sprite
> > (hidden out of sight).
>
> Curious: where'd you hide the radio?

Above my left knee. Bolted the radio to a piece of wood, then the wood
between two of the vertival webs that go lengthwise above my left knee.

        ---------------- <- firewall, brake master sitst on this
web --->I==============I <- wood screw into piece of wood (=====)
          I o ==== o I
          I__________I <- radio

The radio can't be seen, not even by me, so I have to operate it by feel.
If you are over 6feet, changing the tape is complicated by knee in the way.
Speakers? Temporarily, I'm using two detachable speakers from a boom box,
stuck together with double sided tape. I put them "on the rear seat".
Normally they are out of view because of the tonneau cover going down
behind the front seats. Sound comes through open center zipper.
I will not cut speaker holes anywhere!!!!
Ulix

                      sprite                 caddy