locking gas cap resolved

To: mini-list@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: locking gas cap resolved
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 12:41:15 -0500
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
          I took my slide hammer with a screw on the end, fed it into
          the tumbler in the gas cap. Gave it a thwack and out popped
          the tumbler. Pretty slick! Stuck a screw driver into the
          slot in what was left of the tumbler and off came the cap!

          Stuck a piece of racers' tape over the hole in the cap and
          set it back in the car for now.

          Thanks for all the suggestions for how to deal with this
          problem. And, Ray, I'm sure the lit match would have accomp-
          lished the same result. But, I am not ready to trim my
          facial hair.

          Alan