What Carbs Should I have?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: What Carbs Should I have?
From: "Rob" <rah@sna.co.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:36:24 +0000
Hi All,

I have a 79 Midget 1500.

At Christmas I recieved a set of dashpot covers for my Midget.
However on attempting to fit them, I discovered that they
would'nt fit, they where the right diamater but were too tall.

I took them back to the place of purchase and they said that my
carbs were not the standard carbs for my year of Midget. They
said that my carbs should be HIF with an inegrated float bowl,
not HS4's with separate float chambers.

 Is this true?

The Haynes manual does'nt mention anything about HIF carbs on a 79
UK 1500 Midget. Are they getting confused with the B?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.