Re: What's wrong with light blue?

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: What's wrong with light blue?
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 15:35:56 -0600 (CST)
Denise Thorpe writes:
> I've never met a guy who liked light blue on a car.  What's the deal?  My
> favorite MG color combination is the early B light blue with dark blue
> upholstery, ragtop, and tonneau.  Is this one of those gender differences
> I keep hearing about?

Yeah, pretty much.

But it's not our fault.  Most of us were traumatized by well-meaning
matronly types during our infanthood.  You know the ones:  always
hugging and pulling and pinching and patting and swinging and bouncing
and bobbing and rocking and generally smothering us with their
stereotypical idea of what mothers and grandmothers and aunts ought to
do with little baby boys.  We hated it.  If we could have articulated
the words, we would have told them "Just leave us alone and let us play
with our Fisher Price MG TF 1800s!  Go knit, or something."

Guess what color they were always dressing us in?

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer - Blaze Red, fer sure