Re: What's wrong with light blue?

To: Denise Thorpe <thorpe@kegs.saic.com>
Subject: Re: What's wrong with light blue?
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 17:14:45 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 19 Jan 1996, Denise Thorpe wrote:

> C. WESLEY GRADY said:
>
> > So, I don't like red, I can't find a green that I like, light blue is =
> > out (ugh!)
>
> I've never met a guy who liked light blue on a car.  What's the deal?  My
> favorite MG color combination is the early B light blue with dark blue
> upholstery, ragtop, and tonneau.  Is this one of those gender differences
> I keep hearing about?
>
> Denise Thorpe
> thorpe@kegs.saic.com

I think you may have something.  I think the early B blue is the same as
the blue that my bugeye originally was.  That blue had two names, I think,
of which one was Iris Blue.

As I uncovered patches of unfaded iris blue, I concluded it would be a
cold day in hell before I drove a car that color.  It isn't just that it
is light blue, there is a light blue on TR3's that I like, and a French
blue on TR4s(?) that looks very rich, and I kind of like powder blue.  But
that Iris blue is a light electric blue that is just not my cup of tea.

It was one of the most common colors on bugeyes when they were new, and
the least common color on restored ones.  As to your theory, I know exactly
one person who plans to paint a restored bugeye blue, and she is a woman.

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910