Re: What color?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What color?
From: macleodm@cadvision.com (Michael MacLeod)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 21:54:18 -0700
>were often painted two tone to lower the side lines of the car. The most
>common
>combination seems to be Two Tone blue. Like Denise, I like the
>combination, but
>its so common. Almost every restored PA I see is Two tone blue. Two tone green
>is nice (Roger Thomas's award winning PA) but that is now often copied.
>Two tone
>red is not my cup of tea.
>
>As a result I wanted to do the car dark (New Racing Green) BRG. This is
>almost a
>black green. I did a TD in this color and it was gorgeous. My family hated the
>idea and talked me into two tone blue.
>
>Last October I had the interior for the car made in England in medium blue
>hides.( I start restorations backwards) . However I am getting cold feet over
>two tone blue for the reasons already set forth. I next picked an almost black
>blue (87 Jag color) but I am getting flack that it is too dark for a PA. I
>would
>rather do the car solid blue but can't seem to find the right color.
>Should I go
>back to Two tone ? or go Solid blue but not as dark. I need help. I would
>appreciate comments from anyone including the pre war group.
>
>The color of the car sets its character more than anything else.I really would
>like serious suggestions.

I've always been partial to Burgundy body with Black Wings.  I've heard it
spoken of as "Black on Blood".

I'm now $.02 lighter, and I didn't feel a thing.

Mike MacLeod, Calgary, Alberta   (where the beer and the antelope freeze)
'68 BSA Spitfire                        60' MGA               '63 Jag Mark 10
'83 BMW R100 RS