Re: What color?

To: bleckstein@shell.monmouth.com
Subject: Re: What color?
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 22:22:19 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 19 Jan 1996 bleckstein@shell.monmouth.com wrote:
> color requested for a few extra pounds. The larger six cyl. cars,such as N
>types
> were often painted two tone to lower the side lines of the car. The most
>common
> combination seems to be Two Tone blue. Like Denise, I like the combination,
>but
> its so common. Almost every restored PA I see is Two tone blue. Two tone
>green
> is nice (Roger Thomas's award winning PA) but that is now often copied. Two
>tone
> red is not my cup of tea.
> Last October I had the interior for the car made in England in medium blue
> hides.( I start restorations backwards) . However I am getting cold feet over
> two tone blue for the reasons already set forth. I next picked an almost
>black
> blue (87 Jag color) but I am getting flack that it is too dark for a PA. I
>would
> rather do the car solid blue but can't seem to find the right color. Should I
>go
> back to Two tone ? or go Solid blue but not as dark. I need help. I would
> appreciate comments from anyone including the pre war group.

For some reason I felt compelled to add my two Pfennig to your problem
and got out my two MG books, both thin and cheap.
They show pretty much all color combinations you mentioned, plus the
"Cream Crackers".
Since you already have a blue interior, you probably want to go with
blue. I looked at a picture of one in dark/light blue and liked it. I
looked at another picture with one in a very interesting blue, a kind of
medium blue, a very "fresh" color that would go very well with a small
P-type. My final call was that whichever picture I happen to be looking
at (of the two) I like better. The conclusion is: look in your MG books,
or buy some more (even cheap ones) and make up your mind that way.

About very dark blue or green I think that it goes very well with a
blower Bentley, but a small MG deserves a more lively color.

Aah, I think this was worth only 1 Pfennig...
ULix (whose Sprite has just been painted a very fresh very original
Basilica Blue...)

                      sprite                 caddy