Re: update on color.

To: wesgrady@mhv.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: update on color.
From: MG1935@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 18:21:29 -0500
On 96-01-22, Wesley Writes:

>Burgundy was my first choice and white the second.  Wellllllll, the interior
is in "British tan" >which is a whole lot darker than I thought and I did not
like it with the burgundy.  I would >have hated it equally as much with a BRG
or red for that matter.  But next to a creamy >white it is stunning.

I really didn't want to get into this discussion but I couldn't resist when
you said you were choosing white.  I agree that you should paint the car to
suit yourself if you are building the car to keep.  I just wanted to state
what a sleeper color white is.  I personally think white is a GREAT color for
sportscars!  But one of the best MGA restorations in our club (approx. 60
MGAs) is a white car owned and restored by a "premier restorer" and at our
shows you would think he had painted the car INVISIBLE!  Everyone walks right
past the white MGA and votes for a another car that can't compare to the
restoration of the white A.  This same owner sold a BLACK '67 MGB w/red int.
for nearly $25,000.