Re: MGB Transmission buying questions.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Transmission buying questions.
From: mgb72@airmail.net (Chad Cooper)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 11:00:12 -0600 (CST)
>I swapped an o/d transmission into my 1972 B when I rebuilt the engine.
> You're right about just needing the transmission,  driveshaft, and wiring
>but the switch on my 72 was already there!  It's part of the wiper switch on
>the column.

You do not have to use a diff. driveline for O/D. I put an O/D in my '72 as
well, and when on the floor the to trannies are exactly the same length.
Make sure that the Trans. you put in has a first and second gear lockout
switch that works this prevents O/D from being selected in first and second
gears.  The higher shaft speeds of first and second gears are very bad for
the O/D unit..
Hope this helps...