MG's and SNOW...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG's and SNOW...
From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 96 9:22:07 PST
Hello All..

Well, it's been snowing here in the NW for a couple of days now.  (Portland
and Vancouver areas...)  We got about 6 inches of snow on Friday, and a bit
more over the weekend.  I stayed home this weekend, and this morning was
faced with the question: - Should I drive my 84 Mazda B2000 PU, or my
72 MGB/GT?  I wanted to see how the MG behaived in snow, so I took it!

Talk about fun!  The steering is so responsive that I can feel exactly when
I am slipping, and when I'm not.  Clearence seemed to not be a problem
either, but then there isn't piles of snow on the roads, just my driveway.
Traction seemed fine, and the car didn't even think about getting stuck.

So, am I just imagining it, or is the MG a cool snow car?  (The used to have
an optional factory ski rack you could get!)

Dave "Snow is COOL" Hall
dhall@vcd.hp.com