RE: MGs and the SNOW

To: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGs and the SNOW
From: bleckstein@shell.monmouth.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 20:32:47 -0500
My MG snow story:

Back in 83 I had my TD as a hobby car. Those were the days when I had only one
MG. Anyhow, this lady I had once represented many years earlier called and
asked
if I was still into "old MGs" She informed me that her second husband had
recently passed away leaving his 70BGT which she couldn't drive. I politely
declined,  a 70 MG not being "old" in my mind.

Several weeks latter she called again pleading for me to find a buyer. She
informed me that she wanted $200. I asked if it ran, and upon the assurance
that
it did, I bought the car sight unseen.

Well, the car was that wonderful orange, what was there, but it ran. It had no
rockers at all. I decided to put the "good car in the garage for the winter and
drive the GT in the snow. In the Spring I would push it off a cliff, satisfied
that I got my money"s worth.

The car was terrific. It went through everything, started every day and was a
ball in the snow. My then small kids loved it.

Came the Spring, and I couldn't part with it. So then came the restoration, the
teal blue paint and a car too nice to drive in the salt and winter. The car
still runs great, but never does it go out in bad weather.

For those whose cars can take the salt and snow, enjoy, they may not be better
that a four wheel drive, but they will go with lots more fun.

Mike