TD SU Carb Overflow Pipes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD SU Carb Overflow Pipes
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 96 00:06 EST
The DPO removed the carb overflow pipes on my TD. I ordered a new set from
Abingdon Spares. My question is how are these pipes connected to the carbs?
Are they soldered? I assume the pipes are copper and the fittings they attach
to are brass. These would readily take solder. Also, how are they routed
and held in place? Is there any reference material with a good picture? If one
of the float needles ever sticks, I would prefer the gas to spill on ground
rather than the exhaust manifold! Thanks in advance.

Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "
rdonahue@holli.com
1953 MG-TD under restoration
1971 MGB