Re: FW: Gas tank pressure on MG TD

To: LEW@p01.uci.com
Subject: Re: FW: Gas tank pressure on MG TD
From: Westley Johnson <kooksei@mailhost.hooked.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 18:53:10 -0800
    On Feb, 12 1996, Mon 8:55:00 AM  at Palmer, Lew  wrote:

>But a *positive* pressure? This too could be a plugged gas cap, but I
>don't understand how positive pressure could develop except by the gas
>expanding thus expelling air.
    lew it is possible for a tank to develope a positive
pressure. if it undergoes a wide temperature fluxuation
then of course the fuel in the tank will expand compressing
the air trapped inside giving you a "positive" pressure.
i would imagine it would'nt be a great build up of pressure,
but the cap needs to be vented to prevent this as well as vacuum.

    the only other thing i can think of would be a bad fuel
pump, but then the car probably would'nt run well if at all.

        good luck

        westley
67 B GT
67 B tourer