RE: Gas tank pressure on MG TD

To: Mark Jurras <jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com>
Subject: RE: Gas tank pressure on MG TD
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 11:02:51 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Mark Jurras wrote:

> My dad used to do this for use kids when we finished up a gallon of
Vermont Maple Syrup. He'd boil a bit of water in the can. Then put the lid
on tight and run cold water over it. The air pressure would crush it like
CA like to do to our old cars. It was great fun. Too bad the syrup
producers are switching to plastic containers.

> - -Mark "No 'Log Cabin' for this boy" Jurras   = =o&o

Another fun thing to do is to put an inch of water in the can, screw the
lid on tightly, and *then* boil the water.  That demonstrates how fast
those little molecules can move and how strong they can get.

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910