Re: email spam

To: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Subject: Re: email spam
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 19:02:24 -0600
On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Bill D wrote:

> I have just seen the fourth or fifth piece of email spam/spew posted to
>
> In my humble opinion, it is time to "close" the list so that only people
> who are subscribed to the list can post to it, from the address by which
> they are subscribed.  New subscribers would always be welcome, but they
>
> billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)

I wholeheartedly agree.  But first, I suggest we all (each and every one
of us who still has that piece of garbage in his/her mailbox) reply to
that address.  Include the original message.  More than once.  Include
other things, just for laughs.  Attach the largest .GIF file you have,
provided of course that it is not dirty (new law here in US, you know).
Everyone needs a fetish: Ulix has his capitals, Denise has her MG 1100's,
and I have my violent fantasy involving Email spammers, a Dremel or two,
and an extra-large bottle of Tabasco Sauce.

BTW, does anyone know if messages sent to the address on such mailings
tend to get received at all?

Cheers!

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

CCSO's secretary has officially disavowed any knowledge of my actions.