Re: VW LUCAS???

To: mgb72@airmail.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VW LUCAS???
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 08:33:55 +0500
mgb72@airmail.net wrote:
>I have a friend who is into the B  U  G thing  (Lord only knows why) instead
>of the M  G  B thing, and he can't believe that Lucas has taken over the VW
>contracts.  Especially after all that preaching he has done to me about Bosch.

You know why he chose you as subject for his preaching, don't you?  Lucas is
the only company Bosch is allowed to make fun of (was, anyway).  :)

>Any reasonable proof would be appreciated...

The first place I heard it was (you guessed it) right next door on the SOL
list back in June or July.

The first time I really believed it was when I read a little article titled
"Lucas beats Bosch!" on page six of the August 1995 issue of _British Car_.
Shortly after there was a bit of a stir among the list subscribers who were
considering investing in Lucas.

You can confidently give your Bug-gy friend a good nose-thumbing.
--
Jay Tilton / jtilton@vt.edu  (vt = Virginia Tech)
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html