Rust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 96 11:55:22 PST
A '67 MGB I recently checked out had a strange rust problem (Especially for a
California car)  with the fresh air intake. It was so bad the firewall would
have had to been cut away and refabricated.  The only visible signs were some
rust on the firewall and an air vent (interior) that was filled with shards of
rusted metal.  I've never seen this before in any of my reference guides.  Has
anyone else come across this?  Are there any other places to look for hidden
rust? Thanks.

Joe
Hoping for a '67B