Re: dash with cigar lighter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dash with cigar lighter
From: "James D. Howard II" <jhoward@argus.lowell.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 17:52:58 -0700 (MST)

 >To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
 >From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
 >Subject: Re: dash with cigar lighter
 >
 >STUFF DELETED......
 >
 >>original.  Has anyone else seen a metal dash with a cigar lighter between the
 >>choke knob and the plastic gauge surround?  Does anyone know anything about
 >>the limited edition black BGT for '67 and what special features it had?  All
 >>enlightenment will be appreciated.
 >>
 >>Denise Thorpe
 >>thorpe@kegs.saic.com

I have owned a 67 BGT, and my current car is a 66 BGT (I recently
found that it was 66, not a 67).

The 66 has a row of five holes under the radio.  Left to right, they
are filled by the choke, ignition, headlights, windscreen wiper, and
heater blower.  The last three are all black toggle switches.  Then,
above the oil/water gauge, there are two holes.  Left is lighter, and
right is windscreen washer.

My 67 had the headlights and windscreen washer swapped.  The headlight
switch was also the pull variety.

According to the reprint of the advertisement I have, the Limited
Edition BGT's have overdrive and wire wheels standard, and they also
had woodrim steering wheels, Australian Coachwood gearchange knobs,
the aerodynamic look chrome door mirrors, and the Limited Edition
plaque.  I can't remember if the plaque went on the dash or at the
rear of the front wings just below the chrome strip, or both.  Also, I
was under the impression that they were all British Racing Green, but
my memory is faulty here.  Anyway, it did not seem like a big deal to
me.

I don't think there is any difference between the GT and roadster
dashes, at least on the early cars.

James

66 BGT, among other MG's...