Non-Bug (Frog) Eye Spridgets

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Non-Bug (Frog) Eye Spridgets
From: Railroad2@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 09:49:50 -0500
Hi,

With appropriate apologies to Ray and Kermit, I have to say I've been gazing
at my freshly polished '66 Midget in BRG and thinking it is quite a handsome
car in its own right.  I know the Bugeye Sprites are generally considered
more desirable and command higher prices, but I wonder if later Midgets might
not start to increase in relative value as they become rarer.  I've seen some
incredibly high prices in Hemmings from time to time although we're generally
talking an early car with extremely low mileage and concours condition.  I'm
thinking that cars in original condition (the car is popular for racing, but
is generally highly modified) may become significantly rarer in a few years
due to neglect and low market value despite the fact that they seem to be all
over the place right now.  But there's no denying that these are
intrinsically wonderful little cars, true classics that will always be
appreciated by many.

Glen